Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Does the Media need more Athletes doing its job?

As I read articles about NBA games, NBA players, and other subjects associated with the NBA, I notice that many of the writers have no experience playing basketball. I don't think there is anything wrong with somebody writing about a sport if they haven't played it. What I don't like is how writers make articles about how teams are going to do throughout the season and make record predictions. I have also read multiple articles giving grades to different teams on how they have done so far in the season. I believe that in order to give basketball teams a grade, the writer should have some type of background in basketball. I feel as if the media makes statements purely based on records. If you've ever watched the guys on TNT they discuss and demonstrate different scenario's that they went through when they played basketball to back up what there talking about. They point out the weaknesses and strengths of the modern day teams playing and use this to show why a team is struggling or successful. When those old NBA players break down plays and systems of teams it makes everything they say very believable. I think writers should write articles about things less in game related. The writers job is to be creative while reporting. It would be very hard for me to criticize a team or player about his skills if I haven't even played.

No comments:

Post a Comment